Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Us Americans and Our Dirty Hair

Funny funny story I have for you today! Okay soo.. Since being away in China and South Korea I have been having to do laundry a lot more regular then I have ever had to do before. Ya know long trip limited bag space there's just only so much a girl can do. I know what your thinking why do I want to hear about this? Well let's just say it has nothing to do with my clothing rather than the detergent used for my clothes.

For the past few years my mom has switched our family from powdered detergent to liquid and then to the tide pods so yeah we are fashionably up to date on our detergent(; anyways so one evening a group of us took a trip to our local shady "coin wash" and did laundry. When I finished I just dropped my little tide box in my bag and didn't think twice about the potential mess.

The next morning was a doozy extremely busy with alot of extra wind in my hair and tangles galore. When we got back to Hotel Vision we were all going out to shop and I didn't have time to shower. So what does this girl do? Oh yes. She reaches in her bag and pulls out a ball cap only to find as I put on my cap that the hat had so convienently filled up with powdered detergent and fell straight on my hair and to the roots. As I said earlier I had no spare time so I stood over the shower and shook at my hair as well as I could.  A group of us went out to grab some donuts for the early night ahead of us and while out I decided to get my haircut. I walked into the salon and disregard any communication problem that potentially was there. I sat down and the man looked at my hair and started waving his hands and said no no no no cut! He saw the detergent in my hair and flipped out that I had some freak hair issue. Now, I promise anyone can check my hair and see it is very healthy. I left the salon with such disappoint and embarassement of that man waving his arms in disgust.

Today was really raining and it was really interesting to check out the Hyundai Factory and all that it had to offer to the community of Ulsan. It is really interesting how communities around Korea are based around such incredible industries. The Hyundai plant seemed to be very efficient and orderly in what it did. I found it really impressive that they said it takes on average a total of 5 hours to complete one Hyundai Elantra from start to finish, but for their premium elite car the equus it took 44 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment