Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Confusion- it's mutual



First day- Confusion it's mutual

Well what would you know that our very first flight was right on time .NOT.  Let me explain my itinerary or should I say our itinerary to our latest adventure!

Depart LR Airport @ 4:55 headed to Houston international
Depart Houston @7:30 headed towards LAX
4 hour layover depart LAX @ 12:20 am headed towards Seoul 
Arrive I'm Seoul 14 hours later
3 hour layover then four hour flight to tienjien

As you can see our flight has some pretty easy following times well... It's not that easy if you see a huge red DELAYED sign. Much to our dismay we started out with 4 boarding passes and finished the day with like 9. Yes 9, we definitely have great customer service skills and bargaining skills with airport workers. I'd say that's my first takeaway of this whole trip- just nod and shake your head top to bottom then left to right when being spoken to in another language. That way the person you are talking to is equally confused! Trust me it helps with all other chaos.

Whoever invented this thing called United Airlines really should take notes from Asiana Airlines.. 

1.) Non stop drink services (unlimited bathroom breaks) 
2.) Somewhat decent food  raw fish baby!
3.) Free Slippers - such a high quality I'm sure I can sell mine on ebay (;
4.) 23 movie choices- heck yeah I'm totally all caught up on the hobbit, oz, life of pi, warm bodies, and well lucky me some Mark Whalberg movie and I am okay with that(;

Upon arrival at the LAX international terminal that was my first true culture shock and I don't mean by the crazy array of LA weirdos...  Once you step inside that terminal all hopes of communicating properly goes out the window! Let the confusion begin right? Tell me about it... Speak to me in Celsius, kilometers, Chinese or Korea and I got nothing for you but a dear in headlights stare and possibly a say what?!?  It's great to be me, at least they like my smile.

I met this girl named Joslyn on my flight and she was headed to Tawainn but her and I talked our whole three hour flight she gave me some great tips! The two biggest were ABSOLUTELY under no circumstances use a restaurant's silverware in Beijing.  Unless you have a killer immune system. And second, never buy bottle water from street vendors especially if it is frozen, she said the frozen water hides the used straws. Backwash and teeth of previous users...... Yeah buddy. Little extra plaque never hurt anybody!

The people are already so friendly and I haven't even arrived in Korea yet... That could be because my impression is the nice stewardess who work to please.  But I do expect they will be very friendly when we arrive. 

Biggest Horror Story of the trip Flight 70XX on United Airlines was the male steward dude thing... Lets just say he was about 40 with awfully dyed red hair that was parted smack down the center with curls (made with an iron I'm sure) right above his ears. Like a ginger George Washington.  But that's not the worst part he had bats in the cave and I heard multiple people say they refused to get a complimentary drink because they were scared it would fall into their drink.haha. 

Well my free drink lady is coming back around so I gotta go before I miss out on my 8th round of orange juice. Building up the calcium(;

Toddles! Leave comments

2 comments:

  1. Daaaang! You are already having an adventure and it's been less than 48 hours! I almost puked twice, just now, by the way. Tell me you took a sneak shot of good ole George Washington for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sister!! It sounds like lots of adventures so far! I cant wait to read more :) and yes I am with Tasmin... did you get a picture?? Adam says to eat the head of a raw fish for him!! Can't wait to read all of your adventures!!This is from your sister by the way.

    ReplyDelete