Thursday, May 23, 2013

First day

Where to begin I guess it's day five and already I have had so many crazy things. The people here are exquisite and just absolutely the most kind hearted people ever. They are so funny,  since we are doing so many things with the TUT university here there are several students we see all day long and have become rather good friends with them. What's funny is that their "English name" changes every time we meet them. They chose names that they think are cool and famous in the US like yesterday we met a guy who wanted to be called neyo bc he thought the rapper would be someone the ladies really liked.  Let me tell you about Candice- Candice is probably the sweetest girl I've met here and literally if we spoke the same language I think we'd be best friends. Lol but when I think about Candice my stomach literally aches. She is so set on completely showing me her culture that at every meal she loads my plate for me by bringing me extra servings of stuff that I never wanted or needed. Since in China I have yet to have one thing that I found relatively good and well Candice she hasn't had anything she doesn't like and feels like I should feel like her. The city here is crazy and people live on top of one another drive down the road and I guarantee you will see bras and undies hanging from every window.Our hotel is this lovely international hotel and well it seemed rather nice until I was showering and all of a sudden my feet were covered in yellow waste and sewer water coming out of the drain... Talk about being 5 inches in someone else's waste water. Yuck . So when I used all of my towels to some what clean up the mess I had the pleasure of getting To go do an interpretive dance for the front desk people trying to sign the phrase I need a towel. Apparently pretending to scrub your hair and arm pits only gets you a bag of Kleenex 

No comments:

Post a Comment