Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Closet of a Future Missionary




Okay so you know those skirts and shirts you've always thought were plenty conservative and decent?! Yep get ready for it.. Throw them away!

There is no time for tugging your skirt down, pulling your tank top up, and all the other things us girls do on a daily basis to make us modest. Or as a lady with bronchitis said.. "Ain't nobody go time for that."

Throw out the tank tops and bring in the crew cut solid tees for layering purposes.
And those high heels shoes you love.. Box em up! You'll see those babies again in 18 months!

I being the super cutesy clothing person that I am have struggled with the transition into calf length skirts and no fitted skirts. But guess what!!! I have done it and all on a budget(:  

The 3 outfits below were soooo cheap! But full of quality..

Let me let you in on a little secret. I NEVER buy anything FULL price.. That is just tossing extra money out the window I could use for another clearance item!!

So how'd I buy a whole new wardrobe you ask?? On a budget. One word. Clearance.

CLEARANCE.

Yes, that rack that many people think is just for clothes that are out of season or too ugly to be sold. FALSE.
So my very first missionary purchase was 8 cardigans from target! Price of each a whopping....drum roll please....$5.44 cents! So that was a steal!

Second huge find! Oldnavy.com 8 shirts for $50.00?! Um yes. Not to mention two of those were denim button ups for $4 each.. So I'm telling ya there's a way!!

Okay so I know you don't wanna hear all of my bills but let me show you three outfits that each were under $20

(Photo credit: Mau Loa Photography- Fort Smith, Arkansas)

Outfit 1-
Coral Skirt and Seafoam Green top!
Skirt- $5.27 (Dollar General).. It was $5 don't judge I'll be honest I was embarassed to be buying clothing here.. then I tried it on and I was like I am in LOVE.
Top- $10.00 (Crane Clothing, bought from a friend NWT)
Belt- $.50 (Wet Seal)
Grand total! = $15.77



Outfit 2-
Polka dot blouse and Maroon Skirt!
Skirt- $4.99 (Walls)
Top- $7.99
Cardigan- $5.00 (Charlotte Russe)
Belt-$.50 (Wet Seal)
Grand Total- $18.48



Outfit 3-
Denim Blouse- $4.00 (old navy.com)
Black Maxi - $8.00 (forever 21)
Grand Total - $12.00!!



So yes I love a good deal. I've shopped stores I have never shopped for clothes before. But hey! It works. Without breaking the bank. And my leopard Sperrys pictured in all the outfits were $32.00! How amazing.

A sale is good. Clearance is great, but the gospel of Jesus Christ is the absolutle best. I can not wait to serve!! 20 days(: say whaaaaaa!!!

Photo Credit: Mau Loa Photography!


No comments:

Post a Comment