Sunday, July 6, 2014

44 days where did my time go?!

My goodness gracious it was only 7 weeks ago I was saying oh my gosh I have to wait 3 months before I leave! I questioned if the General Presidency of the church was trying to test my patience. Haha just kidding, I was just really ready to go because when I knew I was going to serve I KNEW. So why must one wait 3 months? Well let me tell you the Lord knows me oh so well and I love him and this gospel more and more.
This morning I woke up and since it's my little sister's birthday I was like oh it's July 6th... Then it sunk in and I was like wait what?! That means I only have 44 days to be just the ordinary Kimber Jo that I am! My mind was blown as I walked to each of my siblings and said did you know I only had 44 days left, their facial expressions seemed to match mine...where has the time gone?!
Utah is sounding better and better as time goes on and it in a way already feels like my new home. Obviously it will never be home where my family will be, but I'm ready to meet my mission family. I love my life here and I will be just as excited to return home to my life here when it is my time to be back in Arkansas!
My packing list is pretty small... Or so I think.. My mom thinks 15 scarves is 14 too many.. What does she know she doesn't wear scarves!! (: (love you mom)
How many skirts should I bring? How many shoes? How many shirts? All questions running through my mind along with what if I don't pick up spanish quickly??! Out of all these questions I have the one I have that is most profound is how am I going to deal with the the goodbyes at the airport. I know that my family will be taken care of and blessed while I'm away, but I will miss the laughs, the wrestling and all other crazy things my family do on a regular basis. I love them. I love all of my loved ones. It'll be 3.5 years before I see my brother again. I love my Lil bro he's my Bestie. I know this goodbye is possible through my testimony of this gospel that it is the true church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I know as I put all faith in my father in heaven he will prepare a way.
I love this gospel.

1 comment:

  1. Dang girl!! It is getting real! 15 scarves? Really? Haha you just need to pack 7 of each different item and make sure they all can go with everything else. Ok, how about 9? Hehe, you kill me! I love you!
    You are going to be so amazing out there! But you will for sure be missed!!

    ReplyDelete